Azure Front Door Service is a service that offers a single secure global entry point for web applications, APIs, content and cloud services. Through a single pane of glass and global infrastructure, Azure Front Door enables Azure customers to build, manage and secure their global applications and content, migrate to cloud and modern microservice architectures and improve their users’ experience.
AFDS provides the following feature-set at the time of writing this article. More could become available as time progresses.
– Accelerated application performance
– Increase application availability with smart health probes
– URL-based routing
– Multiple Site Hosting
– Session Affinity
– Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) termination
– Custom domains and certificate management
– Application layer security
– URL rewrite
– IPv6 support
when in need of a global load balancing with a lot of security and performance features, Azure Front Door Services might just be a perfect fit!
- Application acceleration with anycast and using Microsoft’s massive private global network to directly connect to your Azure deployed backends means your app runs with lower latency and higher throughput to your end users.
- HTTP load balancing enables you to build your application resiliently across regions, fail-over instantly and offer your users an “always-on” web site availability experience.
- Path based routing powers your global microservice applications with independent routing all under your single global domain.
- A single pane of glass to monitor and gain insight into your user’s traffic and your distributed backend service’s health.
- IPv6, custom SSL certs, rate limiting, and a myriad of features provides the customizability to enable you to suit your application’s core needs.